Thursday 22 November 2007

I’ve quit my job.

I’ve quit my job.

This feels like an appropriate opening sentence for my first entry on this blog, because it’s the sentence that plays on a loop in my head at the moment. I don’t think I can quite believe I’ve actually taken the plunge.

At this precise moment in time I still have about 6 days and 5 hours left of permanent employment.

Last night a note went out to the company from my boss telling them all that I’m off.

Naturally this has resulted in a number of conversations with people asking me about what I’m up to. Luckily, I don’t seem to be getting bored of telling the story. In fact, after having Unchained on the backburner of my mind for so long, it’s a relief to be talking about it.

In fact I’ll talk about it to anyone who’ll listen.

I’m really encouraged by the fact that most people seem to be quite interested in the philosophy behind what we’re hoping to do.

But I’d be lying if I said there wasn’t a part of me thinking: You fool! What the hell are you doing?!

I think it will only really sink in when I wake up on Monday 3rd of December because going to work is going to be something very different.

No comments: